What Is a IPL Photofacial?
IPL photofacials are a non-invasive skin rejuvenation treatment that targets areas of concern on the skin with concentrated light energy. The result is evenly-toned, radiant skin with little to no downtime and are an affordable and effective way to improve your skin tone and texture.
IPL Photofacial skin rejuvenation is a great way to make those surface irregularities go away almost instantly seeing a difference in your skin, treatments are great for full face, neck, hands or body areas.
Say goodbye to:
- Age spots/brown spots
- Sun damage
- Lines and wrinkles
How many treatments are needed? Each Appointment is 30 - 45 min and there is a noticeable result even after the first session, but we recommend 3 to 6 sessions (each one 4- 6 weeks apart).
How does the IPL Photofacial technology work?
IPL Photofacial treats a specific area of the skin with quick, powerful flashes of light. The light energy penetrates into the surface of the skin, right where brown skin pigment exists. The heat energy actually brings the brown pigment to the surface that will be carried away naturally through exfoliation. Although a series of treatments is highly recommended, some clients actually see great results in as little as 1-2 treatments.
What to expect post-treatment?
Photofacial treatments are gentle on the skin, with minimal discomfort. Following treatment, there could be some skin redness and warmth to the skin depending on the specific treatment protocol, mineral makeup can be applied immediately.
Pre/Post treatment instructions
- Avoid sun exposure (apply sunscreen daily and do not tan at all – including self-tanner) for 4 to 6 weeks before and after treatments.
- Do not use any retinol products (or products containing tretinoin) or exfoliants on the area to be treated for one week.
- Avoid Accutane (or isotretinoin products) for 6 months prior.
- Let your technician know if you have a history of hyperpigmentation or melasma.
- Photosensitizing medications including doxycycline and minocycline should be discontinued three days prior to the treatment.
- Anticipate a social “down-time” of 2-5 days before any redness, swelling and sloughing of the sunspots has subsided.
- Sun spots and age spots will DARKEN with the IPL treatments BEOFRE they begin to respond and resolve. This is expected and a normal part of the IPL process. Do not pick these spots once they become dry. They will lift and fall off on their own
- Do not use any retinoids, tretinoins, alpha or beta hydroxy products, vitamin C products, scrub, exfoliate, or have chemical peels performed on the areas treated area for one week.